The New Year Kick-off Vaccination for the Under 18 kids began across India on January 3, 2022 with the high-school goers ready to get their jabs.
The pre-registration for the vaccination by booking slots on CoWin portal began on January 1. If unable to make the online booking, the minors can also walk into the vaccine centres to get inoculated. According to The Health Ministry guidelines, all under 18 who are born in or before 2007 are now eligible to be vaccinated and will be administered Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin with two doses 28 days apart.
Here’s How to Book Your Slot :
- Open CoWin website or Arogya Setu or Umang app on computer or mobile device.
- Sign-up using your mobile number or register with a new mobile number for the minor.
- Complete the personal details by providing Aadhar card or Ration Card or Student ID information.
- Book your Vaccination Appointment now at the vaccination centres listed through State and District wise selection or Pincode selection.
- Select Age Group 15-18
- Select your choice for Free of Paid vaccination
- You may not be able to pick the vaccine as only Covaxin will be active option.
- Check the list of all centres with available open slots in the coming few days.
Pick your most convenient location within the Public health centres and Private hospitals with open slots on your choice of date and then pick the time and submit.
- You will receive a confirmation message text on the registered mobile with the unique booking reference. You can also download the appointment slip after the confirmation and show either of them on arrival at the vaccination centre.
Acceptable ID cards:
All eligible individuals within the age bracket of 15 to 18 years need to carry one identity card physically which should be the same as the one used for registration on CoWin. The most prefered is Aadhar card or any other national identity document. Students may also use school ID cards for registration for vaccine and will have to show the same before vaccination.
Process to Get Vaccinated:
- Reach the Vaccination Centr,e which you have booked your vaccine slot, on or before the selected time slot.
- Verify your booking on their records and process any other documentation or billing.
- Get the jab.
- After getting the dose , you will get the confirmation message on the registered phone number.
- Download the certificate of vaccination from the CoWin portal or Arogya Setu app.
- Keep the pdf copy or print the certificate for your records and show where required.
You have now successfully taken the 1st dose of vaccination against the coronavirus.
Don’t Forget to Get your 2nd dose right after 28 days to complete the vaccination process
Don’t miss an update! Subscribe Now