As India battles with the COVID 3rd wave gripping across the country, vaccination for precautionary dose starts from Jan10, 2022.
With the prevalent Omicron variant which is transmitting at a high speed, the severity is expected to be low for breakthrough infections. Experts say, though unpredictable, that possibility for fully vaccinated people to develop a high-risk infection or have fatalities is very low. With another dose of vaccination, the risk may further be minimised so as to make a covid infection seem flu-like and leave with a low impact on the human body.
Our covid warriors, all the healthcare workers, doctors, nurses and staff and our frontline workers as the civic agencies, sanitation workers, police, etc. are at high risk of exposure having less liberty to work from home.
Also our elderly with existing high-risk ailments like heart patients, cancer patients, diabetics, people with auto-immune diseases, Alzheimer’s etc are more prone to catch the infection with even a small window of exposure as their body’s immunity is low.
As and when you become eligible for the booster dose, the elderly population and the health and front line workers may receive a reminder SMS from the CoWin portal to be ready for their third dose.
Children from 15 to 18 have already started getting the vaccination from January 3, 2022 across the country and is being successfully done through schools and public and private health centres in Gurgaon.
Who gets the ‘Precautionary’ aka Booster Dose
- Healthcare workers and staff
- Frontline workers
- Seniors 60+ with Co-morbidities
What do you need before going for the dose
- Booster dose can be administred 9 months/ 39 weeks after the 2nd dose of previous vaccination.
- Same Vaccine to be given as taken before (in 1st and 2nd dose).
- Same registration as earlier on CoWin portal
- Get a co-morbidities certificate or a doctor’s prescription (for seniors)
- Carry copy of Vaccination certificate easily accessible.
- Carry your Aadhar card
How to Register for the Precautionary dose on CoWIN
- Login on CoWin portal using the same mobile number which has been registered for your 1st and 2nd dose.
- Search for Your Nearest Vaccine Centre
- Select Age 18+, Dose as Precautionary Dose and Vaccine as the earlier taken
- Pick the closest or most convenient location which has the slots available
- CoWin portal will only take the booking if you have completed 39 weeks / 9 months from your 2nd dose of vaccine
If you took your 2nd jab on or before 12 April 2021, you can take your 3rd precautionary dose on 10 Jan 2022.
|Date of 2nd Dose||Can take 3rd dose on/after|
Check the reference table on the left for the timelines when you may be eligible for your 3rd precautionary dose of coronavirus vaccine
Vaccinations at all centres (Free and paid) can be done on a walk-in basis also with on-the-spot registration. Required documentations and conditions will apply.
What is required at the Vaccination Centre
- Show your Booking details, Vaccination Certificate, Co-morbidities document as applicable
- Follow all COVID protocols. Wear Mask & Maintain Social Distance
- Get Your Vaccine
Most health care centres in Gurgaon will have a separate section for vaccination for this category so it is expected not be crowded.
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy
Don’t miss an update! Subscribe Now